Sapporo Teppanyaki, is stocking up on oodles of noodles to prepare for the celebration of National Noodle Month throughout the month of March.
The Teppanyaki Sushi & Noodle Bar, will be offering bowls of their soup noodles for just £5 as part of the celebration in order to encourage customers to try something new.
The humble noodle, a central part of Japanese cuisine, is a staple food made from various types of dough which is rolled flat and cut into one of a variety of shapes. Ramen, Udon, Shirataki , Soba, Somen and Hiyamungi are all variants of Japanese noodles that have become an established part of the British diet.
Ekamon Buasarn, Executive Chef at Sapporo Teppanyaki, has created the noodle dishes on offer at Sapporo Teppanyaki in honour of National Noodle Month. He said: “We are very excited about Noodle Month. It’s a perfect opportunity for us to show our customers the range of different noodles available and the great ways to enjoy them. There’s a noodle for everyone!”
To join Sapporo Teppanyaki’s Noodle celebrations, visit the restaurant between 12-2pm Monday-Friday, where there will be a variety of tasty soup noodles for £5. (Available at Sapporo Liverpool and Sapporo Glasgow only, excluding Sapporo Manchester).
Did you know?
· The word ‘noodle’ actually derives from the German ‘nudel’
· In 2002, archaeologists found an earthenware bowl containing the world's oldest known noodles, roughly 4000 years old, at the Lajia archaeological site of the Qijia culture along the Yellow River in China
· Wheat noodles in Japan (udon) were created by a Buddhist monk as early as the 9th century.
· The world’s longest noodle was made in China in 201, stretched over 1,704 metres and took 25 minutes to make. A total of 15 kilograms of flour and 2.5 kilograms of oil were used in the creation of the noodle
· Instant noodles were invented by Momofuku Ando and first marketed in Japan in 1958. The instant noodles were named the greatest Japanese invention of the 20th century in a Japanese poll
Use our online booking system to book a table at any of our restaurants:
Join us for a very special Wine & Sushi pairing event on Saturday 29th June at Sapporo Manchester.
Glasgow Restaurants Association honoured the city’s best eatery at glittering awards ceremony in the Citizens Theatre last night.